GHUCCTS IRB Committee E
The Georgetown-Howard Universities Center for Clinical and Translational Science (GHUCCTS) Institutional Review Board is the IRB for the GHUCCTS consortium; its purpose is to review consortium research studies. members of the GHUCCTS IRB Committee are appointed by each participating institution. This multi-institutional IRB allows for efficient study implementation at any or all of the GHUCCTS CRUs. The GHUCCTS IRB coordinates their review process for GHUCCTS protocols involving the participation of investigators and patients from the GHUCCTS clinical institutions.
The GHUCCTS IRB reviews all studies that are:
- GHUCCTS-funded and/or;
- Will be utilizing more than one GHUCCTS’ institution.
The following additional studies are also eligible for review by the GHUCCTS IRB:
- Research studies that will utilize GHUCCTS facilities
Please note that SEPCOM review MUST OCCUR PRIOR to the GHUCCTS IRB review. For more information regarding the SEPCOM-GHUCCTS IRB Review Process, please see the SEPCOM – GHUCCTS IRB Review Summary Guide.
Please see the “Useful Tools, Resources, and Related Links” section on the right-hand side of this page for links to information and resources including but not limited to the following:
- GHUCCTS Homepage
- SEPCOM Committee Information, Review, How to Apply, etc.
- GHUCCTS IRB Rosters and Meeting Schedule
- Clinical Research Unit (CRU) Information, Contacts, etc.
Useful Tools, Resources, And Related Links
- Committee E Board Member Roster
- Committee E Roster Archive 2015 – Present
- Calendar of Meetings (Website)
- Committee E Calendar of Meetings (PDF)
- SEPCOM – GHUCCTS IRB Review Process Summary & Guide
- GHUCCTS Homepage
- SEPCOM Information & How to Apply
- Clinical Research Units (CRU) Information
- Participant & Clinical Interactions Resources (PCIR)
- GHUCCTS Regulatory, Ethics, Knowledge, and Support (REKS) Resources
- IRB 101
- Exempt Review Categories
- Expedited Review Categories
- OHRP Decision Charts – IRB Review
- Training Requirements
- Templates and Forms (e.g. Protocol Templates, Informed Consent Templates,etc.)
- Georgetown-Medstar IRB System Information and Resources
- Radiation Safety Committee Forms
- Protection of Minors Policy
- Regulations, Policies, and Guidance (NIH)
- The IND Development Process
Committee E IRB Meetings for the 2019
Official Calendar Year
Calendar of Meetings for Committee E (PDF version).
The following is a list of the GHUCCTS IRB Committee E meeting dates for the 2019 official calendar year. GHUCCTS Committee meetings are regularly scheduled for the Second Thursday of each month from 3:00-5:00 PM and are held via Zoom (videoconference). In-person meetings will also be scheduled as needed.
The schedule applies to submissions requiring review at a convened IRB meeting (full board review). Submissions that may be eligible for expedited review, exempt review, or non-human subject research determinations are reviewed on a rolling basis upon submission of all necessary materials and are not required to meet submissions deadlines for review by the convened IRB (full board review). For more information regarding the different levels of review, please see the section titled “What are the different review options?” on the IRB 101 page. Please note final determinations regarding the level of review required are made by the IRB.
Meeting Deadlines, Dates, Locations, and Times
Deadlines for IRB Committee Meetings are on the same day of the week as the committee meeting and fall three weeks prior to the scheduled meeting date. Any applications that you believe may require review at a full board meeting must be submitted by the meeting’s corresponding deadline to be considered for inclusion on the meeting agenda. Due to holidays, room availability, or the academic calendar, not all meetings follow the regular schedule, location and/or time and are marked by an asterisk ( * ) in the table.