Georgetown-MedStar IRB System
The Institutional Review Boards (IRBs) at both Georgetown University (GU) and MedStar Health (MedStar) use the same electronic system to manage their respective IRB review processes. On November 29, 2018, the joint system went live for research at both institutions, replacing existing IRB systems (eRIC and InfoEd).
All submissions for IRB review, including new projects, requests for reliance on external IRBs or single IRBs, modifications, continuing review of active projects, and reporting of new information (RNIs), must be submitted through the Georgetown-MedStar electronic IRB system.
For additional information, please review the frequently asked questions and “How To” Guides below. If after doing this you still have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Accessing the IRB System (For Georgetown University: Requests for new accounts can be made by completing this form and emailing it to email@example.com).
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What are Some Differences Between eRIC and the Georgetown-MedStar IRB System?
“How To” Guides
- Researcher’s Quick Reference Guide
- Reviewer’s Quick Reference Guide
- Multi-Site Study Quick Reference Guide