HIPAA training is available through the Collaborative IRB Training Initiative (CITI).
- You do not need a new CITI account if you already have one from your Human Research Subject Protection training.
- If you do not have a CITI account, you will need to register and create your own username and password. Please select Georgetown University as your institution. You can print out a certificate upon completion for your own records. CITI automatically keeps track of Georgetown University participants and profiles us with completion data.
To access the HIPAA training module:
- After logging in, click the “Add course or update your learner groups for Georgetown University” on the “Main Menu” page.
- You will be redirected to a page titled “Select Curriculum – Georgetown University”, scroll down to Question 1 and select Group 4.
- Question 3 and Question 5 must be answered, however you are not required to take these courses, unless directed otherwise.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Submit”. You will now be able to complete the HIPAA training module.
To return to the Human Subject Protection Training, click on the “Add course or update your learner groups for Georgetown University” and make the appropriate selection (Group 1 or 2) for Question 1.
NOTE: Please refer to the screen shots below for further information on choosing the correct CITI training course to fulfill the HIPAA Training requirement.
MedStar HIPAA information can be found here.
A copy of these certificates needs to be forwarded to:
Institutional Review Board
Georgetown University Medical Center
SW 107 Medical Dental Building
3900 Reservoir Road, NW
Washington, DC 20057
Fax: (202) 687-4847