eRIC (Electronic IRB Submission System)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING IRB SYSTEM UPGRADE PLANNED FOR FRIDAY 10/11/2019
In our continuous efforts to work on improving the human subject protection research program, we are preparing for enhancements to be made to the electronic IRB system.
If you are submitting a new study, continuing review, modification, and/or reportable new information, please use the new IRB system. The new system, as well as additional information regarding the system, can be found here.
eRIC Quick Guides
- How to Access eRIC
- Navigating eRIC
- Department Reviewer Quick Guide
- IRB Committee Member Quick Guide
- How to start a new application
- Submitting a Study Specific Disclosure Form (SSDF)
- Checking the Status of an Application and Responding to Requested Changes
- Viewing/Accessing Approved Documents
- How to submit a Continuing Review
- How to submit an Amendment
- Submitting Reportable Events
Accessing the eRIC System
To access eRIC, use your Georgetown NetID and password. If you are a MedStar employee, do not use your MedStar user ID. If you are a MedStar Georgetown employee and are unsure whether you have a NetID, check the Georgetown University (GU) directory.
Individuals that are not affiliated with GU including MedStar employees who do not have a GU appointment or other official relationship need to apply to become a GU Sponsored University Associate (SUA) to access eRIC. If you don’t have a SUA account or your SUA account expired, please visit this website or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information to apply or reactivate your SUA account.
Forgot or don’t know your Password?
I have already enrolled in Password Station…
If you do not know or have forgotten your NetID password and have already enrolled in Password Station, you can answer the hint questions stored in Password Station to create a new password by going to this website.
I have not enrolled in Password Station…
If you do not know or have forgotten your NetID password and you have not yet enrolled in Password Station, contact the University Information Systems (UIS) Service Center at (202) 687-4949. They will assist you with your password reset.
Have you reset your password in the past six months?
Georgetown requires a password reset every six months and an expired password cannot be reset in the Password Station. To reset an expired password, please call (202) 687-4949.
I know my password and it works for other GU applications, but I cannot log in to eRIC…
If you experience difficulties logging in, but your NetID password works for other Georgetown applications, one of the following may help:
- Attempt to refresh your browser cache by visiting this website and following the instructions for your browser. This can sometimes clear out old versions of your password that the browser is automatically populating.
- If you have already enrolled in Password Station, please visit this website and answer stored hint questions to create a new password.
- If you are enrolled in Duo, eRIC will not send you a “push notification” on your computer screen. Although there is no screen prompt, you should open the Duo application directly on your phone and select “Approve” within the mobile application after entering your credentials on the eRIC log-in page. Please ensure your phone is connected to the internet.
- Contact eRIChelp@georgetown.edu.
Contact the UIS Service Center at (202) 687-4949 if you continue to have log-in difficulties.